Exciting tea party themes can add a fun twist to a traditional idea and thrill the special young lady in your life. Little girls spend countless hours hosting imaginary tea parties – meticulously arranging miniature cups and saucers, expertly pouring invisible tea, and mastering the art of casual chitchat to a captive audience of teddy bears and dolls.
Young ladies love tea parties because they make them feel beautiful, sophisticated, and very grown up. So why not make all those childhood dreams come true and plan a party that they will never forget?
- Princess Tea Party. Every girl dreams of being a beautiful princess in her own Cinderella story, so play the fairy godmother and grant her the wish of spending a surreal afternoon in a breathtaking fairytale. Ask guests to come in elegant, fancy dresses, and make sure that each princess is crowned with a bejeweled tiara. Glitter, jewels, royal colors, sumptuous teacakes, and dainty cups and saucers will transform an ordinary tea party into a grand ball fit for a princess!
- Valentine’s Tea. Valentine’s Day is a time to honor and recognize special friendships, and young ladies can celebrate by hosting a red and white tea party that is full of heart. Imagine how special each guest will feel when they are presented with a red rose and invited to partake of delicious heart-shaped treats while sipping savory red teas and sparkling punches.
- Christmas Tea. Young ladies can come dressed in their festive finery and enjoy an afternoon of spiced tea, Christmas cookies, and fun holiday games. Test their knowledge with Christmas trivia, make a tree decoration, or even stuff stockings for underprivileged children in the community.
- Tropical Tea. Celebrate summer with a beach themed tea party where guests come in Hawaiian shirts and leis, and tables are laden with fruit bowls or tropical flowers. Young ladies can learn the art of hula dancing while enjoying the refreshment of fruity teas and exotic fruits. An ice cream bar may also be a tasty addition.
- Victorian Tea. Take a trip back in time and experience an age where refinement and sophistication ruled. Ask guests to come dressed in true 1800s style and enjoy an afternoon of parlor games and dainty petite fours. Decorate a hand fan or fancy hat, and even take time for a fashion show.
- Alice in Wonderland Tea. Encourage guests to “not be late for a very important date” as they are invited to jump through the magic rabbit hole and enter a wonderland of mismatched tea cups, “eat me” “drink me” signs, and multicolored decorations. Make your own Mad Hatter hats and engage in an exciting game of croquet on the outdoor lawns.
- International Tea Party. Ask guests to come dressed in the traditional attire of various countries as they take a trip to the World’s Fair. Decorate with flags, national flowers, and authentic symbols, and challenge the young ladies to sample international teas. Whether India’s Darjeeling, Africa’s Rooibos, Thailand’s Cha-Yen, or China’s Longjing, guests will spend an afternoon traveling the world and experiencing the taste of various cultures.
- Garden Tea. Elegant tablecloths, fresh flower bouquets, and fancy dresses will transform a typical backyard into tasteful estate grounds. After a fashionable buffet of iced tea and finger foods, young ladies can try their hand at flower arranging, make a craft, or play lawn bowling and other simple party games.
- Mother/Daughter Tea. Mothers and daughters can dress up in their finest and enjoy an exquisite afternoon of reconnecting and catching up while sipping tea and nibbling delicacies. Have a little fun by giving each other a makeover, test guest’s knowledge by taking a mother/daughter quiz, or show off expert poses with a mother/daughter photo shoot.
- Father/Daughter Tea. Young ladies love to dress up and spend an afternoon enjoying their father’s undivided attention. Plan a tea where dads have the opportunity to treat their little princesses like royalty for a day, even sharing in a special father/daughter dance.
Images Source: Pinterest